Tuesday 10 January 2012

Free Internet security from the bank

www.barclays.co.uk/Helpsupport/Freeinternetsecuritysoftware/P1242557966961

Internet security for PCs and
anti-virus for mobiles and Macs

We are offering the award-winning Kaspersky Internet Security suite (RRP £49.99),  Kaspersky Mobile Security suite (RRP £19.99) and Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac (£39.99) free of charge if you use Online Banking


Kaspersky’s cutting-edge, hybrid approach to digital security combines innovative, cloud-based technologies with advanced anti-virus protection to deliver a faster, more effective response to today’s complex, ever-evolving threats.
  • Kaspersky URL Advisor
  • Kaspersky File Advisor
  • System Watcher
  • Application control
  • Safe run mode
  • Two-way personal firewall
  • Anti-phishing and anti-spam technology
  • Parental control
  • Completely redesigned interface
For further information on the product, please visit the Kaspersky site (Link opens in a new window)

How to apply for Kaspersky Internet Security
Log in to Online Banking, select the Kaspersky Offer link on your At a Glance page and follow the link to Kaspersky's website.

2 comments:

  1. To say that Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 is feature packed would be something of an understatement. I think the only task I found that the program couldn’t complete for me was switching my lights on and off!

    Here is a quick list of the more important features that the program has to offer -

    antivirus protection (files, mail, instant messaging and web)
    spam protection
    firewall
    applications control
    network defense
    network monitoring
    ad blocking
    quick response to new threats via the cloud protection
    parental controls
    gaming profile
    virtual keyboard which is a defense against keyloggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whilst using Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 I really did struggle to find anything I don’t like about the program. If you were to twist my arm and force me to come up with one thing though then it would actually be something that could be construed as a positive point as well. By that I mean the only annoyance I came across was the first update of the database and the program – it took, like, forever!

    That first update, if memory serves, was well over 100MB in size which is huge, especially when you consider I’m writing this before the product has even been officially released. Having said that, the original installation files were small which allowed me to get up and running quite quickly so I guess it is to be expected. As I said, though, having such a big update is a good thing though because you know that you will be protected from a large number of threats just as soon as you have it installed.

    Another minor grumble, which is very easily and quickly fixed, can be found under the advanced settings. Whilst I think everything else is fine if left at defaults, the battery saving option is set up to disable scheduled scanning if running on battery power – this is potentially risky in my opinion – untick the box to make sure you don’t miss a scheduled scan guys.

    ReplyDelete